he following is the policy for purchase of firearms and receivers -
ALL firearms and receivers MUST be shipped to a valid and current FFL holder ONLY. No exceptions! Receivers and handguns can only be sold to someone 21 years of age or older. Long guns may (depending on your state) be sold to someone 18 and older. Check with your local FFL dealer if you have any questions about your local and state laws. If the item is a class III item (silencer, short barrel shotgun, short barrel rifle etc) your FFL dealer will also need to have and provide us with their SOT
By placing this order you are agreeing that you are legally able to purchase and own and to complete the 4473 and have a background check. Once an order is placed, it is subject to a 25% or $25 restocking fee, whichever is greater, if you cannot receive the firearm for ANY reason. Please, make sure what you are wanting is legal where you live!
It is a very simple process -
- Find the gun you want You pay us directly for the firearm. Firearms and receivers are shipped separate from other parts you may order.
- Choose your FFL dealer : We cannot ship a gun direct to you, we do ship to the local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store, gunsmith or gun dealer has an FFL license; pawn shops and collectors may also have them. Class III items can only go to a dealer with an SOT!
- Pick up your gun: Inspect your gun before accepting the transfer. If you are not happy for any reason leave the gun at the dealer. We will have it picked up for free and offer you an exchange or refund at no cost.
- NOTE: if the item you are purchasing is a class III item, it will take longer to transfer to your dealer. This time is out of our hands. We submit the transfer to your dealer via online submissions, which is generally much faster than doing a paper submission. Generally, we get it approved within a week, but occasionally it may take longer. You will NOT be able to complete your form 4 until your dealer receives it from us!
Here is how to arrange a shipment and transfer:
- Find a licensed FFL dealer in your area. Your dealer may already be set up to receive firearms from us. Some dealers may require you to complete a firearms transfer form before you can proceed.
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from Davidsondefense.com
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fee, commonly around $15-25 but varies by state. Class III transfers generally are more expensive due to the costs of licensing and the longer time involved in filling out the forms. You may also be subject to sales taxes, background check fees and other local government imposed fees and costs.
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
- Provide your dealer with our email address, [email protected], where they can send a copy of their FFL(if not already on file) and SOT if required You may inform them that we will be including a copy of our FFL with the shipment.
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealers name (name on the FFL) on your order so we know where to ship your firearm.
To Speed Up Your Order:
- If choosing an FFL dealer not already on file, please type the dealers name in the COMMENTS section of your order. We will still need the FFL before we can proceed
- Please include your ORDER NUMBER on any correspondence you or your FFL may send us.
It is best to locate a FFL dealer to transfer your gun before you place your order. However, you can place your order first and then provide us with your FFL dealer info before we ship. We will hold your order for about 7 business days to give you time to locate a dealer and arrange a transfer.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us or log-in to the web site to access Live Chat. We will be happy to address your concerns.
Once the firearm is ready to be picked up at your FFL, Please INSPECT THE FIREARM THOROUGHLY to make sure it is exactly what you ordered and that there are no defects with the firearm. If there are any problems whatsoever, DO NOT ACCEPT THE TRANSFER !! We will gladly have the firearm picked up and returned to us at our expense and provide you with your choice of a replacement or full refund.
Once you accept the transfer, the gun is considered used and must be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Any returns to Davidsondefense.com AFTER accepting the transfer from your dealer you MAY be charged a restocking fee